The convention includes over 100 sessions to choose from, featuring the works both of Sigma Tau Delta students and of members of Sigma Kappa Delta, the English honor society for two-year colleges.
Wednesday, March 28:
- Registration desk opens at 3:30 p.m.
- Wear your school T-shirt and share your school spirit at the Informal Get-Together on Wednesday evening! Enjoy listening to students read their work from The Rectangle.
Thursday, March 29:
- Learn from ΣΤΔ’s most successful chapters! The Student Representatives and Student Advisors are sponsoring Confluence: Merging for Success on Thursday morning. The workshop features breakout sessions on fundraising, service, small chapter development, chapter administration, publishing a literary journal, and regional and national involvement.
- Attend the Chapter Sponsors Workshop on Thursday morning. Discuss the issues that sponsors face in fostering chapter involvement, recruiting new members, and developing chapter leaders. This workshop is led by Sandra Mayfield and Marybeth DeMeo, sponsors of Outstanding Award winning chapters.
- David Rakoff presentation
- (Dry) T-Shirt competition, Bad Poetry Contest. Enjoy while your peers and professors recreate humiliating childhood scenes, conjure up adolescent turmoil, and expose their wounded hearts in poetry that will make you weep uncontrollably, laugh out loud, or do both.
Friday, March 30:
- David Rakoff Workshop
- Lunch for Sigma Kappa Delta attendees
- Business meeting and the regional caucuses—chapters must send a voting delegate to both meetings in order to receive the $200 voting delegate reimbursement ($400 for chapter outside the continental U.S.)!
- General session, with keynote address by Sharon Olds
- Open microphone night
Saturday, March 31: