A paid summer internship opportunity is available from Better World Books (BWB) to provide an interested undergraduate student member of Sigma Tau Delta with experience in a variety of areas in social enterprise and the online book industry. The Sigma Tau Delta/Better World Books Summer Internship will run six consecutive weeks beginning in May or June and end in June or July. The recipient will work 30 hours per week, earning $10 per hour, in Alpharetta, Georgia, in the Atlanta metro area.
If the internship is awarded to a Sigma Tau Delta member, Sigma Tau Delta will provide the recipient with an additional $1,500 stipend to assist with travel and housing expenses.
Individual colleges and universities may arrange for academic credit for the internship; however, that must be worked out between the student and her/his university.
Each applicant must be prepared to accept the internship and its conditions if it is awarded to him or her. Failure to do so may jeopardize the continuation of the Better World Books summer internship program for Sigma Tau Delta.
Better World Books will work with you according to qualifications and interests to either focus your energy on one large project or to build a diverse portfolio of projects that create cross departmental benefits. Better World Books' Alpharetta office is home to sales and marketing. Tell Better World Books about your career goals and they will look for worthwhile projects that serve both the organization's and your interests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent research, data collection, and information organization abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- A passion for our mission and core values
- Planning, project, and organization skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivated and -managed
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a high-activity, fast-paced environment
- Ability to see a need and fill it or bring creative solutions to the table for discussion
- An adroit wordsmith with superlative spelling and grammar
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, search); tech savvy is preferred
- Must be able to maintain regular communication with supervisors and collaborators
The Sigma Tau Delta applicant must be an active undergraduate member of a chapter that runs a Better World Books textbook drive. The applicant is required to provide evidence of this involvement via a recommendation letter from the Chapter Sponsor or Chapter President.
Notification and Questions
The intern will be selected by April 1, 2016. Email all questions and submissions by January 29, 2016, to Mary Fajimi at email@example.com with the subject line "Internship Application."
View: Past Recipients