Summer Internship Stipend - 2017
The application period is February 2 - April 10, 2017.
Sigma Tau Delta offers funding for current undergraduate and graduate student members accepting non- or low-paying summer internships. The Summer Internship Stipend is a competitive program providing a limited number of stipends of up to $1,500 each.
The internship must involve working for an "organization" while being directed by a supervisor/mentor within that organization, and the internship’s duties must be consistent with the applicant’s level of education, area of study, and career goals. Financial need will be taken into consideration in addition to internship length. Applicants are responsible for obtaining and providing verification of the internship. Please review the application guidelines for additional information.
Sigma Tau Delta uses the AwardSpring platform for the application process.
Go to the AwardSpring application link.
Register for an account with your email address and a password.
Complete the questionnaire, including contact and academic information, to determine if you are eligible to appy for the Summer Internship Stipend.
Request two letters of recommendation via the AwardSpring application.
- Request the letters through the AwardSpring application.
- Although the application is due by April 10, recommendation letters are due no later than April 17, 2017.
- At least one recommendation letter must be from a college faculty member.
1. Complete all question fields about the internship.
2. Answer Personal Statement Essay Questions (up to 200 words each)
- Describe your participation in, and contribution to, Sigma Tau Delta.
- Describe your internship organization and internship position, including roles and responsibilities.
- Detail how the internship will help you grow intellectually and professionally.
- Explain how the funding support will be beneficial to you. To help the committee determine need, applicants will want to address why their financial situation warrants support.
3. Upload Required Materials
- Internship Verification - The internship organization's letter stating you have been awarded the internship.
- Budget - Itemize the funds and expenses associated with the internship, such as salary, grants, housing, transportation, etc.
Sample Internship Budgets
How to Develop a Budget
The Foundation Center
UNC Writing Center
Application Deadline and Notification
The application deadline is Monday, April 10, 2017, 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT). Questions regarding the online submission process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notifications will be made on or before Monday, May 17, by means of the email address associated with the applicant's account.
Following the internship, stipend recipients are required to submit an article (400-600 words) for WORDY by Nature, the official Society blog, sharing such things as how the internship contributed to their professional growth or field of study; its impact on their future career plans; and the importance of the funding to the internship experience. The blog and accompanying images are due by September 8, 2017.
View: Past Recipients