Historic Chapter Photos Contest
Post your pictures to the Sigma Tau Delta History Board on Pinterest, and you could win a prize!
Deadline: Monday, November 4, 2013
To help us celebrate Sigma Tau Delta's 90th anniversary, chapters are invited to share images of their most interesting historic photos and archived items. Up to three $50 gift certificates will be awarded for Sigma Tau Delta merchandise.
Please share chapter photos depicting any of the following subjects:
- Memorable chapter life experiences
- Chapter events
- Archived items, examples include:
- textiles that reflect a chapter's history, such as wall hangings, quilts, and artwork
- tools and equipment such as typewriters, pens, and inkwells
- advertising, promotional, and documentary items (e.g., documents showing when a chapter was chartered, convention memorabilia, author signatures, chapter meeting minutes, yearbooks, etc.)
- written or oral histories (e.g., about earliest alumni, chapter stories and events, articles published in magazines and newspapers, etc.)
- graduation memorabilia (e.g., stoles, cords, sashes, etc.)
Up to three prizes will be awarded for
- Best overall photo
- Most interesting archive item
- Best overall photo before 1950
If you have a Pinterest account, follow the Sigma Tau Delta Chapter History Board and then send an email to email@example.com requesting permission to be added as a contributor. Once approved you can pin directly to the board. If you do not have a Pinterest account, you can simply email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can pin them for you. All pins/photos must contain a short description that explains what is pictured and your school name. You may also include a link to your chapter website. Note: photos may be used for our 90th Anniversary Video, and/or may be posted on our websites.
Before posting any images scanned from original printed photographs, please submit a media release signed by any individuals in the photo that can be identified and contacted. If the individuals cannot be contacted, please indicate why. Photos previously used in a publication, such as a yearbook, magazine, or newspaper may be posted without a media release. Email scanned media releases and other notations. Include in the email your school name, a brief description of the photo, and the names of people in each photo to email@example.com.
To be considered, photos must be posted by Monday, November 4. Winners will be announced in the December eNews.