Frequently Asked Questions
For administrative management and security reasons, we only issue usernames to Chapter Sponsors.
- Check to make sure you typed the username and password exactly as written, reflecting upper and lower case letters. Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive.
- If you fail to login, type in your username and click Set/Reset Password. You will be asked to enter your username. Your password information will be automatically emailed to you.
- If you do not receive an email, your email address may be incorrect in the Write Away database. Please email the Central Office to correct your email address.
We do not issue Write Away usernames to students. For administrative management and security reasons, we only issue usernames to Chapter Sponsors.
If a Sponsor has delegated Write Away chapter administration to a specific student member, the Sponsor may give their username and password to that student. However, because the username belongs to the Sponsor, the Sponsor will receive all emails, including email verifications from Write Away When the student no longer serves as a Chapter Administrator, the Sponsor should reset the password.
Yes. Please carefully input all information. Membership certificates are generated from Write Away. As a result, names are printed as the information is shown in the input fields. If a name is spelled wrong or characters are not typed in the correct case, there is a $4.00 charge to correct and reprint a certificate.
Yes. Please email Karen Larsen at the Central Office with this specific request. Include the member's full name at induction, their original chapter school, and the semester/year of induction.
Can I sort my current chapter members from those who have graduated or are no longer active in my chapter?
Yes. Enrolled members can be sorted by their status in the Manage Members list by selecting the title Status. All enrolled members may be one of the following:
Active - All members that are currently active in your chapter
Inactive - Members that have graduated or are no longer involved in your local chapter
To revise a member's status, choose Select next to the member's name, change the first field labeled Status, and save your changes.
Each chapter is required to have one designated Lead Sponsor. The Lead Sponsor is the chapter's primary contact for the Central Office regarding membership, the Chapter Annual Report, and all USPS mail. Each chapter is required to designate one Sponsor as the Lead Sponsor. How to change a Lead Sponsor
- Login to Write Away
- Select the Transaction History link.
- Search for your transaction (listed listed by date and amount).
- Click View Details.
- Print this web page.
A valid UPS address is the street address where shipments are received at your school. The address cannot contain a PO Box because UPS cannot deliver to a PO Box. If you are uncertain the correct address, contact your school. View UPS Address Guidelines.