Manage Sponsors and Chapter Officers
If the new Chapter Sponsor was inducted into Sigma Tau Delta or served as a Chapter Sponsor at another school, contact the Central Office to request a membership transfer. Please include his/her full name at induction, original chapter school, and the approximate year of induction. If the new Chapter Sponsor is new to Sigma Tau Delta, use the enrollment process below.
Add a Sponsor
Before a Chapter Sponsor is added, the Chapter Sponsor must first be enrolled as a Faculty Sponsor member.
Please follow directions for enrolling new members. When entering member details, make sure that Faculty Sponsor is selected in the Membership Type field.
- When you have completed the required member details, scroll to the bottom of the screen. Click Save & Review Pending Members, then Complete Enrollment.
- Check the person you wish to make a Faculty Sponsor and click Select Payment Method. The payment amount will be $0 because the one-time international induction fee is waived for faculty members who serve as Chapter Sponsor.
- Click Submit Membership Enrollment.
- Select Print to keep a copy for your records and Exit to leave the system.
- Write Away will notify the Central Office that a new Sponsor has been added for your chapter. The Central Office will activate your new Sponsor, issue a Write Away username, and send a welcome email and information packet.
Each chapter is required to have one designated Lead Sponsor. The Lead Sponsor is the chapter's primary contact for the Central Office regarding membership, the Chapter Annual Report, UPS shipments, and all USPS mail. Each chapter is required to designate one Sponsor as the Lead Sponsor.
A Lead Sponsor cannot be changed to inactive status until another Sponsor is designated Lead Sponsor. The Lead Sponsor designation may be changed by editing Sponsor Information as shown in the following section.
To edit sponsor Title, Phone Number, and Address:
- Select Manage Members.
- Select the Sponsor's name. This will take you to Member Details.
- Enter new information, such as a new Email Address.
- After changes have been made select Save at the end of the page.
These changes will be reflected in the chapter directory. If the Chapter Sponsor's name needs to be changed or corrected, please contact the Central Office.
Deleting a Sponsor
- Select Chapter Sponsors.
From the list of Sponsors, check Remove next to the Sponsor's name.
- Note: Every active chapter must have at least one Chapter Sponsor. This system will not permit the deletion of the last Sponsor.
- The Sponsor that has been removed will remain a chapter member. The Chapter Administrator may elect to keep the former Sponsor active or inactive. Read how to edit member details.
Managing Chapter Officers
Write Away has a built-in database for chapter officers. The database will keep a listing of all active chapter officers, as well as former chapter officers, including their term in office.
Since only chapter officers listed in the database are sent our monthly broadcast eNews, please be diligent about maintaining your chapter officer database.
- All chapter officers must be enrolled as active student members. Before selecting a chapter officer, verify the student is active and all member details are correct. Read how to edit member details.
- Login to Write Away
- Under Available Functions select Chapter Administration.
- Select the Chapter Officers tab. Please make sure this page loads completely before proceeding.
- You will see a link labeled Add New Officer.
- Search members by typing the first or last name.
- Click on Select next to the member's name. This will bring up member details. Complete the following selections: Office Title, Year Elected, and Semester Elected.
- Select Add.
Change a Chapter Officer's Email Address
To change a chapter officer's email address, you must edit the email address located under the Manage Members tab. See Edit Member Information.