Alumni Representative (AR)
To represent the voice of the alumni members of Sigma Tau Delta (i.e., members who are no longer students or who are graduate students at a program without a Sigma Tau Delta chapter), the Board of Directors has created the Alumni Representative position. The Board of Directors will appoint the successful candidate to a two-year term (with a two-term limit).
- The AR shall be a member of Alumni Epsilon.
- The AR shall have graduated from an undergraduate program.
- Attend Board meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- Serve on the Membership Development Committee and other Board committees as appointed.
- Promote Alumni Epsilon membership opportunities.
- Direct and promote the online and social media presence of alumni.
- Contribute at least one article to the Society's biannual online newsletter with suggestions to alumni on how to stay involved.
- Promote community among alumni including welcoming new Alumni Epsilon members and encouraging alumni to continue to participate via local chapters and online networking.
- Maintain communication with the Chair of the Membership Development Committee on a monthly basis.
- Represent the concerns of alumni to the Board.
- Submit an annual report to the Board.
International Convention Duties
- Attend international convention
- Assist the Chair of the Membership Development Committee with the alumni events at the convention.
- Introduce, preside, and/or moderate sessions and activities as designated by the Convention Chair.