Journal Submission Guidelines
Submissions for 2016 journals will be accepted between April 6 and May 11, 2015.
- Submit writing only if you are an undergraduate or graduate member of an active Sigma Tau Delta chapter. Chapter Sponsors, faculty members, alumni (including members of the Alumni Epsilon Chapter), and honorary members are not eligible to submit.
- Submissions are limited to one total for both journals. You may choose either a critical or creative submission. That is, you may submit one critical essay for The Sigma Tau Delta Review, OR you may submit one work of fiction, one work of non-fiction, or a group of up to three poems to The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle.
- Contributors are required to include an abstract, not to exceed 500 characters or roughly three sentences. Do not copy/paste your abstract; your abstract must be typed directly into the submission text box. See instructions on adding abstract.
- Contributors must not identify themselves in any way on any page of text or in the abstract.
- Because of the high volume of submissions, it is the author's responsibility to make sure that all online submission form fields are filled out, the abstract is complete, and the document is submitted properly.
The Sigma Tau Delta Review
Times font, 12-point, double-spaced, and 1 inch margins on all sides, free of typographical and grammatical errors. Essays must follow the Modern Language Association style guidelines as defined in the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (latest edition). Titles should be no more than four spaces down from the top of the page and centered (avoid fancy fonts, bold letters, or underlining). Submissions should not exceed 3,000 words.
The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle
Prose (fiction and non-fiction): Format submissions using Times font, 12-point, and 1 inch margins on all sides, free of typographical and grammatical errors. As much as is possible, double-space creative work. Titles should be no more than four spaces down from the top of the page and centered (avoid fancy fonts, bold letters, or underlining). Submissions should not exceed 2,500 words.
Poetry: The submission may consist of one to three poems. All poems must be contained in one Word document file (doc or docx). If you are submitting a collection of poems, create a new page fore each poem within the Word document file. Format submissions using Times font,12-point, free of typographical and grammatical errors. Titles for the individual poem(s) should be no more than four spaces down from the top of the page and centered (avoid bold letters or underlining).
Online Submission Instructions
Please refer to Online Submission Instructions for a step-by-step explanation of how to submit your work. There are four separate submission links, one for The Sigma Tau Delta Review and three for The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle. Make sure you use the correct link.
Remember, because of the high volume of submissions, it is the author's responsibility to make sure that all online submission form fields are filled out, the abstract is complete, and the document is submitted properly.
Questions regarding the online submission process should be addressed to .
Contributors will receive email notification by August 31, 2015, of acceptance or denial. Only following acceptance will authors of accepted submissions be asked to submit a biography to be included in the publication. Keep your Sigma Tau Delta contact information updated through the website in order to receive these emails. The journals are published the following spring. Contributors selected for publication will receive a copy of the journal they are published in.
Contributors who win overall awards will also receive a monetary prize as well as publication; contributors whose writing has been accepted will be invited to read at The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle reading at the annual convention in the spring.